05 January 2011

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Many of my readers will probably turn their noses up at this post; however, I have found a new way to cook brussel sprouts. No, brussel sprouts do not have to be boiled with butter, salted, and choked down. This recipe has zest- and aesthetic appeal. Who knows- it may even make someone out there appreciate this tasty vegetable.

Ingredients:

1 pound fresh brussel sprouts
2 tablespoons basting oil (a garlic and herb base is best)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preparation:


Soak brussel sprouts in hot water, salt, and pepper. Scrub clean with hands.


Remove from water.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Quarter each sprout.


Drizzle with basting oil. Toss with salt and pepper until each sprout is coated.


Spread in single layer on baking sheet.


Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Flip once after 15 minutes.


Remove and enjoy.

We garnished them with fresh parmesan cheese as well- that was also tasty!

I cannot begin to describe how good it feels to cook again! I haven't cooked for about three weeks, and I have missed it like crazy! We were gone during Christmas, and then we left for New York. I didn't cook much before that either- so, it's been a while.

I have really enjoyed cooking today, and I don't think I've quite gotten my fix yet. So, I plan to do a little more cooking this week : )

Oh, and by the way, we didn't just have brussel sprouts. I cooked Andrew's favorite as the main dish- my special sloppy joes. It's a good night in our house!


1 comment:

  1. I made this tonight and it was really good. We drizzled some balsamic glaze on them too. YUM! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete