20 January 2011

Snowy Day

Last night, I was really wishing for snow. I have decided that the next time I wish for snow, I'm going to wish for a blizzard so I don't have to attend school. I love looking at the snow from the comforts of my own home with a mug of hot chocolate in hand. Anyway, I had plenty of time this morning to enjoy the snow before making the trek to school.


I was really excited to see a female cardinal nesting in my tree when I looked outside this morning.




I was even more excited when her boyfriend flew in for a visit!


Here he's eyeing the bird feeder I talked about in yesterday's blog : )


Snapped this one right before he was scared away by me getting on to Theodore (who was trying to make a run for it)


Ever since I moved in, I've used my neighboor's ugly stairs as a reference of how much snow (or ice!) we've received. I'd say we got close to 3 inches.


I thought this tree on campus was pretty cool draped in snow.

I didn't have time to wander around taking pictures today, but it was really nice to have some white on the ground here... and for the white stuff to be snow, not ice!


No comments:

Post a Comment