18 January 2011

Latest Crafting Project

Last night, I was itching to craft. I just helped my sister with a crafting project, and I decided I wanted to do something similar. I thought about what we would need for our new kitchen, and I decided that it would be a good idea to make storage boxes for our kitchen. So, I set out for Hobby Lobby. There I found different sized and shaped boxes, paint, stencils, and brushes.







I chose to paint the boxes a vibrant red and accent them with dark chocolate brown stenciling. I am very pleased with how they turned out, and I can't wait to use them in our kitchen to store towels, odds and ends, and whatever else we feel like! I think I need to coat them with a protective layer though, so I may work on that today! Anyway, this project was cheap, fun, and is functional. I love that! 

1 comment: