23 January 2011

Sight for Sore Eyes


Andrew has not had internet since he left for New York. We aren't fancy enough (yet) to have iPhones or anything like that, so we've been talking on the phone a lot. Yes, I understand that a lot of couples don't have this option, and I know that we need to be thankful for modern technology. Trust me, WE ARE!

But... that's beside the point. We haven't seen each other's faces in 10 days. Today I got a phone call saying that he was at a local coffee shop and had free internet for the next 14 minutes. Of course, I was away from my home and computer at the time. Talk about being bummed!

About 5 minutes later, I received a text saying he paid a dollar to have unlimited internet access. I was with my good friend at the time, but she totally understands because her boyfriend (also named Andrew) lives in Wisconsin. So, we made a beeline for the house, said our goodbyes, and I jumped online.

I cannot describe how I felt when his face popped up on my screen... in real time. I haven't shed a tear since last Sunday in church, but I sure couldn't fight them back today when I saw his handsome face.

We got about a minute and a half of talk time before our video call was dropped. It took forever for his internet to resume, and we lost several more video calls. We both agreed that Satan was making sure we didn't have the chance to talk, but we're a bit more determined than him.

In all, we were able to SEE each other for about an hour, and I can honestly say it's been the best hour since he left. I miss him SO much and having the chance to SEE him will help the next few days go a bit smoother.

So, today (and every day) I am very, very thankful for technology... and I do not take a single moment for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment