07 January 2011

Feeding Andrew

My husband moves in less than a week. That means severe denial on my part- and avoidance of the issue. When I want to avoid something, I make myself busy. So- I've been crafting and cooking. Today I dedicated much of the day to cooking, packaging, and freezing some of Andrew's favorites for him to take with him. Hopefully that will give him a taste of home while he's away from me.

Here's what he has:



Triple batch of chipped beef on toast = 1 breakfast for us, up to 6 meals for him.



Double batch sloppy joes = 2 meals for us, up to 12 meals for him.



1 batch summer medley = 1 dinner for us, 1 container for me, up to 6 meals for him.


Current Total = 12 containers = 24+ meals for him.

I feel like I should cook more than this. I mean, we'll be apart for a whole semester... 16 weeks total. That's not much food when you take that into account. Anyway, I am out of freezer containers- and he says that he will have plenty to get by. He also assured me that he can take care of himself too. I am happy to know that he will be able to have some home cooked meals while we are apart. It makes me feel good to know that I am still able to care for him the way I want to.

Everything is becoming so real so quickly. I am really, really going to miss that man! He's pretty awesome, and it won't be fun to be away from him.


No comments:

Post a Comment