17 January 2011

Mother/Daughter Weekend

My mom and sister came down for the weekend! We had a really nice time together, and it was so good to have them here to keep me busy! We kept everything pretty low-key, but it was still a lot of fun.

Cuddle Time:


When they got here, Theodore finally snapped out of it and enjoyed some snuggle time with me. It was much needed for both of us!

The Haircut:


Before


After : ) She looks SO pretty... and so much older!


I think a lot of people are getting short hair fever... I know I love mine!

The Craft:


Miranda wanted to do a craft project while she was here. She had no clue what she wanted to do, but as we were walking the aisles of Hobby Lobby, it dawned on me... a keepsake box! I made something like this for Andrew years ago, and it turned out really well. She got really excited about the idea and took FOREVER picking stickers out.


Of course the goofball had to explore. We didn't get the picture in time, but he was actually in the box at one point.


I painted the box.


Miranda cut and glued stickers. Theodore provided the instruction he thought she needed. I then covered it with puzzle glue to protect it.


The end product turned out very well! It's super cute, functional, and a neat keepsake idea!

The Mini-Disaster:


I decided to pop a bigger batch of popcorn than normal. You see, normally Andrew is in charge of this. Anyway, popcorn was flying EVERYWHERE. It was a mess. Oh well, it provided some very good laughs!

The Model:


Before church, I made Miranda model the hair accessory she requested. This girl loves her yellow and grey! Anyway- she is TOO cute for words, and her hair is simply adorable.

It was such a blessing to have them here! I am very thankful that they came!



No comments:

Post a Comment